Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

roozbeh_al
Frequent Visitor

send an email with power bi report server

I want to send an email to my customers from the data on my dashboard - when data reaches its dangerous level, or on a daily basis. I create my dashboards using Power BI Desktop and then publish them on the Report Server, and I do NOT have a pro license.
Is there any means (like microsoft flow) to do this for us?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It depens, if you need only send an information about data, there is more options.

If you need send "report" is best (I think) option Paginated report using Report Builder. 

After you have Paginated published on Power BI Report Server, you can subscribe. You can subscribe (one or more) as standard subsribe (fixed time period and recipients) or as datadriven subsriptions (content of subscription and recepients can be drived based on data)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You can use Report Server Subscription or Data driven subcsription.

First, if you want sent a report in email, you must create static (paginated) report, in Report Builder. If you are using dedicated PBI model in SSAS, you can reuse model and DAX expressions. Or you can create from data source directly.

So you mean creating the paginated report is the best solution?
After I made paginated, how can I send the email?

It depens, if you need only send an information about data, there is more options.

If you need send "report" is best (I think) option Paginated report using Report Builder. 

After you have Paginated published on Power BI Report Server, you can subscribe. You can subscribe (one or more) as standard subsribe (fixed time period and recipients) or as datadriven subsriptions (content of subscription and recepients can be drived based on data)

OK, thanks a lot for your response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.