Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

selection of values in graphics

Hi everyone!

I am having a problem trying to highlight a series of data in a PowerBI graphic. 

lucasmiranda22_0-1646669596678.png

When I selected one curve in the left graphic, this one show me all the curves and highlight the selected one. However, the right graphic only shows me the selected curve. 

lucasmiranda22_1-1646669621928.png

Is there a way to show all the curves on the right graphic highlighting the selected curve? I want the same effect in both graphics.

Thanks for your time!

Lucas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

This can be achieved using Cross-Highlighting feature. 
Currently your visuals are getting cross-filtered as it is a default option. You need to change the Power bi settings for applying Cross-Highlighting.

using cross highlighting, the line that you select will be highlighted and other lines will be dimmed but visible
Steps to do cross highlighting:
Click on File(top left of the report)->Options & Setting -> Options -> Report Settings->Visual Options->Check the 3rd list(Highlighed in the below screenshot) -> Click on OK

truptis_1-1646726142363.png

later, go to your Edit interactions(Format option)

truptis_2-1646726547737.png

select your Left hand side Visual and click on Highlight icon of the right hand side visual.

Please find screenshot for your reference(I have selected a visual and i can see 3 icons on other visuals... the one marked in yellow is the highlight option)

truptis_4-1646727220390.png

If you find this post helpful, Please mark it as a solution and hit the thumbs up. Thank you.

Regards,

TruptiS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous please mark it as a solution if it worked for you so that it will be helpful to other community members. Thanks.

Regards,

TruptiS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice explanations Trupti

truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

This can be achieved using Cross-Highlighting feature. 
Currently your visuals are getting cross-filtered as it is a default option. You need to change the Power bi settings for applying Cross-Highlighting.

using cross highlighting, the line that you select will be highlighted and other lines will be dimmed but visible
Steps to do cross highlighting:
Click on File(top left of the report)->Options & Setting -> Options -> Report Settings->Visual Options->Check the 3rd list(Highlighed in the below screenshot) -> Click on OK

truptis_1-1646726142363.png

later, go to your Edit interactions(Format option)

truptis_2-1646726547737.png

select your Left hand side Visual and click on Highlight icon of the right hand side visual.

Please find screenshot for your reference(I have selected a visual and i can see 3 icons on other visuals... the one marked in yellow is the highlight option)

truptis_4-1646727220390.png

If you find this post helpful, Please mark it as a solution and hit the thumbs up. Thank you.

Regards,

TruptiS

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.