Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

responsive filter doesnt work in Report Server

problem:

if you put a filter with responsive/horizontal enabled in report, it won't work as it supposed to (filter items should be reflowed if you change the dimension of filter control) when you browse it in your local report server.

it works fine in desktop or in power bi online.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

I got information below: 

Responsive slicers were introduced in the December 2017 release of Desktop, so they’re not yet available in the current release of Report Server, which is from October 2017. They’d roll into the next release of Report Server.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Would you please share detail information for us to reproduce the issue? Which visual did you use in the report that has issue? 

By the way, you can update the Power BI report server to the latest version 14.0.600.438 then try again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm not using any custom visuals.

the in-box filter control has this problem.

to reproduce the issue is to simply add a filter control with HORIZONTAL=true and RESPONSIVE=true and enough items in the filter.

resize the filter, so that all items get reflowed somehow in the power bi desktop.

upload this report to Report Server (yes, i have the october latest version).

you will see that in the browser, filter items remain horizontal (with scrollbars). NOT reflowed as expected. (different from what it looks like in powerbi desktop or powerbi online).

thanks,

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for you providing detail information. Smiley Happy

Based on my test about responsive slicer in Power BI report server, and research for online  document, I guess it should not supported in Power BI report server currently. I will send a email to double confirm this from PG team. Once I get information, will update here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Hi @Anonymous,

I got information below: 

Responsive slicers were introduced in the December 2017 release of Desktop, so they’re not yet available in the current release of Report Server, which is from October 2017. They’d roll into the next release of Report Server.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you qiuyu. you guys are the best. i'll be waiting for the next release.

ps, you have a timeframe for that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.