Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vasker
Frequent Visitor

report server administration

I have recenly installed powerbi report server [ evaluation ] . I can host report but cant add diffrent user to report server so that diffrent user can log and see  reports .

Only one user Administrator logs by default and also cant sign out .

I want user can log with own credintial . Pease help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

What you need to do is

1. login to the portal as the administrator.
  2. Click on the Manage Folder button in the top right corner
  3. Click on the Add Users or Groups and then give people or groups at least browser access

What I normally do with a new install is to give the "Domain Users" group browse access to the home folder. This lets everyone in the company access the home page of the Report Server. Then I add folders and will lock down some of those folders to specific groups (eg. Finance or Marketing).

I usually like to add AD groups to folder permissions as then our help desk can grant people access to reports by adding them to an AD group and they don't need to edit the permissions in Report Server.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

What you need to do is

1. login to the portal as the administrator.
  2. Click on the Manage Folder button in the top right corner
  3. Click on the Add Users or Groups and then give people or groups at least browser access

What I normally do with a new install is to give the "Domain Users" group browse access to the home folder. This lets everyone in the company access the home page of the Report Server. Then I add folders and will lock down some of those folders to specific groups (eg. Finance or Marketing).

I usually like to add AD groups to folder permissions as then our help desk can grant people access to reports by adding them to an AD group and they don't need to edit the permissions in Report Server.

Thans a lot for the support . I tried the same u advised . It's logs automaticaly base don current user credintial . theogh there is no

sign out option .

But user can still access the admin options 

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.