Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

veng2002
Frequent Visitor

report embed problem "Resource not allowed"

Hi, I' trying to embed my report on a sharepoint team site and I'm getting the following error:

PowerBI Error.jpg

Is this an issue on PowerBI report settings? or is it on the Team Site?

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @veng2002,

Did you use the "Embed in SharePoint online" option on Power BI service? Were you able to embed other PBI report into SharePoint without getting above error? 

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi!
Yes, I'm getting that error using the PowerBI preview web part. 

the embedded code I got from File > Embed in Sharepoint Online - On the online Instructions directly shared from the PowerBi page it also mentions that you can copy the URL where you're viewing the report; this option I also tried, the difference herer was that when adding the report link, it was able to see the page name, and also gave me an option for the Display (16:9). The problem is, that it still shows the same error. So I dont know what application is the one failing and at what point.

And to answer your last question, I personally have not been able to do it. This is my first time trying, but I know some other colleagues have done it successfully. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.