Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SSWADOOD
Helper I
Helper I

remove data source created on report server

hello,

i created two datasource on the report server they were created succssfully , I messed up while working on the security of the second datasource and endedup deleting both builtin administrator & myself 

Now i am unable to view home folder of the report as it showing empty where as in reality it show one folder and atleast one data source as i did mess with security of the first data source  

currently my view

1.png

where as i am able to access the folder which i have created at home and also the first datasource as shown in screens below

2.png3.png

and when it try to access the second datasource  i given error mentioned in below screenshot

4.png

http://XXXXXXXXX/reports/manage/catalogitem/security/conventional?_pk=s1crz700

is the link access the security setting of 1st datasource tried to the same for the second but was met with an error

http://XXXXXXXXX/reports/manage/catalogitem/security/takaful?_pk=s1crz700

i can view both sources in my report builder aswell meaning both of them are on the server.

6.png

is there a way that i can reset the the security settings or delete the second datasource ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks. i fixed the issue using MS sql server management studion and going into [Catalog] table of the report server and updated the [policyid] column of the 2nd data source same as 1st data source as it had all the correct privileges assigned.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

If you've removed all content management rights from the home folder and data source I am not aware of any supported way of getting those back other than restoring a backup of the Report Server database from before you made the security changes.

It might be a good idea to raise an official support ticket as the support engineer may know of a work around to fix this without resorting to restoring a database backup.

Thanks. i fixed the issue using MS sql server management studion and going into [Catalog] table of the report server and updated the [policyid] column of the 2nd data source same as 1st data source as it had all the correct privileges assigned.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.