Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

enath
Helper I
Helper I

refresh data from the server

Hello,

I try to understand. 

I can refresh dataset data from the server using sql connection.

I tried to refresh dataset data imported from folder, but it is not supported. So I moved my data to a sharepoint and I connected the sharepoint to power BI. After publishing the dataset and the report I put the credentials sharepoint to the dataset settings but I don't see that the refresh from the from the server is really doing his job. After refreshing I don't see the new data added to the sharepoint before.

Is there is a way to use the refresh from server for sharepoint data? 

What are the option to be able to make the refresh from server without using SQL DB

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TheShy

Hi @enath ,

If a File or Folder data source is used and the file path is a local path (e.g. C:\Users\user\Documents), then a refresh plan cannot be created. The path must be a path the report server can connect to like a network share. For example, \myshare\Documents.

For more you may refer to this  

Best Regards,
If my answer is helpful to you, it would be great if you could accept it as a solution.‌‌ 😉

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TheShy

Hi @enath ,

If a File or Folder data source is used and the file path is a local path (e.g. C:\Users\user\Documents), then a refresh plan cannot be created. The path must be a path the report server can connect to like a network share. For example, \myshare\Documents.

For more you may refer to this  

Best Regards,
If my answer is helpful to you, it would be great if you could accept it as a solution.‌‌ 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors