cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanka Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

"Unexpected error encountered" - Unable to publish report to PBI Reporting server

I have installed and configured Power BI Reporting Server (August 2017). I also have downloaded the August version of the Power BI Desktop for Reporting Server.

When I try to Save As a report, I get the following error. Any help would be appreciated.

PBI Report Server 2.pngPBI Report Server 1.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
ganga-2016-MSFT Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: "Unexpected error encountered" - Unable to publish report to PBI Reporting server

Just for curious to know why you are using August version when we have the latest version October one? Could you please post the errors from the log file please- You can find the log file from here - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles Just try to match the timestamp you publish and error from the log files. 

sclin2k Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: "Unexpected error encountered" - Unable to publish report to PBI Reporting server

me too,

my solution:

1. join AD domain

2. add same account and password to the Power BI Report Server

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 150 members 1,685 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: