cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: "RS:embed=true" command not working in Sharepoint 2013 when upgrading to PBIRS jan 202

Same problem for me, and same solution. MS dropped the ball on this one. A simple heads up would have saved me 3 hours yesterday. 

Highlighted

Re: "RS:embed=true" command not working in Sharepoint 2013 when upgrading to PBIRS jan 202

Hello all.

Made this change on my report server and now i get 503 error, service unavailablem and can´t connect via ssms to the reporting server instance to correct. Any help is appreciated, as i´m looking at rebuilding the server...

Regards,

Manuel Pereira

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Manuel,
The ssrs service restarts after changing the property. Is your service up and running?
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@andlin11 wrote:
Hi Manuel,
The ssrs service restarts after changing the property. Is your service up and running?

It was. I tried restarting the services, restarting the server, repairing the Report Server installation, checking .config files, what have you. Lost connection to the report server database entirely. Ended up having to create a new report server database, reload all reports, rebuild folder structure, reconfigure security and automatic refresh rules.

So yeah, a fun morning...

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Microsoft just released an update that may fix this issue along with a few others

See here for the change log https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/changelog

And you can download the update from here https://aka.ms/pbireportserver 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My Dude... Thanks for the tip. Applied the update and we're good! 😎

😍😘💋🍆

Helpful resources

Announcements
Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Upcoming Events

Community Summit North America – Join Online!

Join this community-driven Power Platform digital event for unbiased support and problem-solving.

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.