cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

"Date between" slicer appearing as a dropdown for user

Hi All,

I have a Power BI report with a date range slicer, which I have set to the 'between' option. On publishing this to web, this works for myself and another colleague in my team. However, when another user uses the report they see a drop down instead.

What we see:

daterangebetween.png

What they see:

daterangedropdown.png

Why is this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: "Date between" slicer appearing as a dropdown for user

you can change your slicer type from
Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have already used this to change the slicer to 'between'. However, after publishing, users do not see the 'between' format, they see a dropdown.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hey.  An old topic but it came up in a google search when looking it up. 

Since there's no further replies, and no solutions, may as well post - I sort of have a solution.  The classic Ctrl+F5.

I've had the same.  I changed a date slicer from dropdown to between, published the report and updated the app.  I would still see a dropdown in both report and app.  Someone in my team saw the date range slider thing, so it did publish properly.  Thought it was all good; except one of the report users has the same as me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Who are our Super User Superstars? Who made it to the top of the leaderboards? Get the answers!

June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021