Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fbeuserie
Frequent Visitor

publishing PBIX report that use live "Power BI->Power BI datasets" data // supported ?

Hello,

i'va a "master" PBIX that define the model that's published to my tenant pbi service, i've a PBI Pro licence.

then, i constructed some reports, that get their data from the model, live. did that by using "get data"->"Power BI"->"Power BI datasets" under pbi desktop.

everything is fine, and I publish them to the pbi servcie, I can use them, the scheduled refresh to my "master" reflect to the other reports connected to it.

BUT, when i publish this PBIX to my onpremise "PBI report server", I'm unable to use it. i'm unable to find an authentication model that works. I keep getting into my server log file:

System.ArgumentException: The integrated security 'ClaimsToken' is not supported for native connections.

(if i use Integrated Security=ClaimsToken into my report->data source)

or 

System.ArgumentException: The integrated security 'Basic' is not supported for native connections.

(if i use Integrated Security=BASiC  into my report->data source)

is that scenario supported ? what should i use as the "Integrated Security" property into my dsn ?

the one I have right now is the one that set by uploading the PBIX into my report server.

thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.