Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcgomez0723
Regular Visitor

problem with iOS - PowerBI Report Server on-premise

Hello everybody,

I want to share my problem with all of you. Past year we implemented SQL Server 2016 with SSRS and upload many Mobile Reports. All of them work fine with any device, android, iOS, tablets and PCs. Since last december we installed SQL Server 2017 and PowerBi Report Server and migrate all Reports (we do that restoring the 2016 ReportServer Backup, restore it on SQL Server 2017 and configure PBI SSRS with this database), all seems to work fine, but when we release it on production, users with iOS (PBI app) began to report that reports stay loading. We did many test, all works fine with Android (PBI App), Chrome, PCs, IE, M. Edge, but with iOS only works reports builded on Power BI and Mobile Reports with static datasources (in this case excel files), I mean, Mobile Reports with SSAS or SQL datasources that require an authentication didn´t work.

Thank you for help us!

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jcgomez0723,

It looks like a compatibility problem. I cannot exactly say it's a problem on PBI Report Server side or on Mobile app side.

@ganga-2016-MSFT  @mgmeyerdo you have any comment? Appreciate for your help.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, It looks like an issue with the iOS Power BI app to render the migrated reports, it would be great if you can open a support ticket with CSS we could do further troubleshooting. 

Thanks for the response, sure I'll open a ticket. The last discard I did, was disable double hope by migrating datasources (databases and tabular models) on the same server and conserving the same SPNs, but the result is the same.

Regards!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.