Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amir_daee
Regular Visitor

power bi report server authentication not working when set url in local windows 11

hi 

I install power bi reprot server on windows 11.

in host file set test.local url for local system ip address 192.168.85.1

in power bi report server configuration set test.local on web service url and web portal url.

web service url.pngweb url.png

when use IP or desktop name, power bi report server load whiout any problem.

report server.png

but when using test.local url hit, authentication popup show and con not login to reprot server whit user name and password.

error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

This is most likely happening because you are hitting the loopback check.

See the following link for information and 2 methods of fixing this (your hosts entry is similar to a CNAME)
Error message when you try to access a server locally by using its FQDN or its CNAME alias after you...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tarang1501

Hi , Can anyone help if I want to keep this authentication on for all users. Only added user in security can login on web portal. How can we implement that?

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

This is most likely happening because you are hitting the loopback check.

See the following link for information and 2 methods of fixing this (your hosts entry is similar to a CNAME)
Error message when you try to access a server locally by using its FQDN or its CNAME alias after you...

bryanshaw46
Resolver I
Resolver I

On a command prompt, ping test.local.  If it does not resolve, you need a DNS.  If it does resolve, compare the IP address.  You might need to change the DNS.

thanks, but you can see in the last image power bi reprot server is loaded in test.local. The problem is that it does not login with the username and password.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.