Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saloni_21
Regular Visitor

pbrs

Hello,

I am totally new to this, having used primarily SSRS and Qlik.

I need to create reports using sensitive data so it cannot be published to cloud. Is there a way I can create reports and have them accessible to others on our secure network?  - 

1. Can PBRS be used for this purpose ? 

2. Can the reports published be viewed on mobile

3. Can other users subscribe to daily/ weekly reports if published on reporting server on premise  ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @saloni_21,

1. Yes. PBIRS is a superset of SSRS. It contains almost every features that SSRS has.
  2. Yes. View on-premises report server reports and KPIs in the Power BI mobile apps
  3. You can set subscriptions for paginated reports, which is the same as in SSRS. For Power BI reports, subscription is not yet supported. Here is an idea: Email subscriptions for Power BI reports in Report Server

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
emna
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

i am working on PBRS.

The object is to tranfer powerBI reports on PowerBI services by email with many formats.

I configured SMTP and i can recieve only a blank mail without reports and i find the reports  after in a folder 'egine' in HTML format.

The error is : coutd not read data from PowerBI 

Thx for your help

Emna 

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @saloni_21,

1. Yes. PBIRS is a superset of SSRS. It contains almost every features that SSRS has.
  2. Yes. View on-premises report server reports and KPIs in the Power BI mobile apps
  3. You can set subscriptions for paginated reports, which is the same as in SSRS. For Power BI reports, subscription is not yet supported. Here is an idea: Email subscriptions for Power BI reports in Report Server

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Yuliana , 

So to enable PBRS, I need Premium account is what I understand  

Currently I have PBI Pro license. Does it make any difference or do i have added advantage ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @saloni_21 ,

You either need a PBI Premium subscription or if you have a SQL Server Enterprise on-Prem licence covered by a Softawre Assurance agreement then you can download and operate the PBRS under that licence.

Regards

Rob

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.