Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

paginated report

Hi,

I would like to send paginated report to subscribers after a cube refresh in some way-ssis package(script or any component) ,sql agent job, because i see currently we dont have after data refresh for paginated.

I am unable to use this feature now because the report has to be sent out only after cube refresh.

3 REPLIES 3
andris
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi.

As I understand, you have created a subscription for a report and want to deliver it after data in source SSAS cube is refreshed.

When you create subscription, a related SQL Server Agent job is created.

So, you can create a SQL Server Agent job for SSAS cube refresh, that would be step 1.  And then you can add step 2, which would call report refresh job, and then step 3 that would call subscription job.

Those would be 2 T_SQL steps with expressions like this:

EXEC msdb.dbo.sp_start_job 'refresh_schedule_or_subscription_job_name' 

Then your report will be refreshed and delivered after data source was refreshed.

Regards

Andris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Andris,

First of all thanks for responding.However,i am not clear about steps 2 and 3 as to :

1. how i trigger powerbi report to run from agent job because i am not sure if there is a agent job running to perfomr triggers.
  2. Step 3 how to trigger subscription

Just want to let you know that the report resides in powerbi service ,not on powerBI Report Server.Could you please explain in detail

OK, sorry, I misunderstood you. I assumed  that you meant on premises Power BI Report Server. 

Can't help you with Power BI service at the moment, but maybe it would be better to ask this question in "Service" forum?

Regards

Andris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.