Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

murali5431
Helper III
Helper III

paginated report parameter entry

Hi,

I am very new to paginated reports. I was looking through training material for parameters, but I could not find any information on how to define a parameter for which I could enter parameter values(s) manually (like pop-up box), which would then provide me a report for the entered values(s). What I found was only building a dropdown.

For example, I have 1000+ invoices and I need to define a parameter which would request entry of  invoices number(s), and subsequently provide a report for the invoices entered.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Muralidhar  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello!
 Please add a parameter as below and select appropriate option. If you want your parameter to be multi valued you may select Multi, also if you want it pre -populated with all Invoices then go to  Available values and populate the values from a dataset. Please let me know if you face any issues .

AbhiSSRS_0-1617199124101.png

AbhiSSRS_1-1617199231498.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello!
 Please add a parameter as below and select appropriate option. If you want your parameter to be multi valued you may select Multi, also if you want it pre -populated with all Invoices then go to  Available values and populate the values from a dataset. Please let me know if you face any issues .

AbhiSSRS_0-1617199124101.png

AbhiSSRS_1-1617199231498.png

Thank you @AbhiSSRS 

I did find the solution for it.

pabeader
Post Patron
Post Patron

You can use a query to populate the dropdown.  Look for that in Google and I bet you will find something that will work for you.

Thank you @pabeader 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.