Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

murali5431
Helper III
Helper III

paginated report parameter entry

Hi,

I am very new to paginated reports. I was looking through training material for parameters, but I could not find any information on how to define a parameter for which I could enter parameter values(s) manually (like pop-up box), which would then provide me a report for the entered values(s). What I found was only building a dropdown.

For example, I have 1000+ invoices and I need to define a parameter which would request entry of  invoices number(s), and subsequently provide a report for the invoices entered.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Muralidhar  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello!
 Please add a parameter as below and select appropriate option. If you want your parameter to be multi valued you may select Multi, also if you want it pre -populated with all Invoices then go to  Available values and populate the values from a dataset. Please let me know if you face any issues .

AbhiSSRS_0-1617199124101.png

AbhiSSRS_1-1617199231498.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello!
 Please add a parameter as below and select appropriate option. If you want your parameter to be multi valued you may select Multi, also if you want it pre -populated with all Invoices then go to  Available values and populate the values from a dataset. Please let me know if you face any issues .

AbhiSSRS_0-1617199124101.png

AbhiSSRS_1-1617199231498.png

Thank you @AbhiSSRS 

I did find the solution for it.

pabeader
Post Patron
Post Patron

You can use a query to populate the dropdown.  Look for that in Google and I bet you will find something that will work for you.

Thank you @pabeader 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.