cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Helper I
Helper I

not a legal oleaut date - cannot refresh

Hello

 

I'm having a problem refreshing my report online. Everything works fine on the desktop version where I can easily update my dataset, but when uploading it and trying to refresh I get the following message:

 

Last refresh failed: 

Data source error:Not a legal OleAut date.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Table: ProfileScore.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:d9bc7478-5268-4bda-b634-728909e93f60
Request ID:8704eef6-6818-d9d5-fcad-ac50182d9685
Time:2018-10-11 09:27:47Z

 

I have read the other post with the same issue but those solutions do unfortunately not work for me.

Anyone know how to fix this error? 

 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi there,

Dit you check the actual datevalues in your table? You most probably have a date before 1/1/1900 in one of the date fields in the table you're trying to load.

Kind regards,

Hans

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi there,

Dit you check the actual datevalues in your table? You most probably have a date before 1/1/1900 in one of the date fields in the table you're trying to load.

Kind regards,

Hans

View solution in original post

Advocate I
Advocate I

Just for those who got this problem also, as i did.

 

As stated above, i checked my data and found 1 entry with the year 0033. Once i corrected that problem, my data refreshed OK.


@ICEPOC wrote:

Just for those who got this problem also, as i did.

 

As stated above, i checked my data and found 1 entry with the year 0033. Once i corrected that problem, my data refreshed OK.


This should be added as a #bug and be marked as error in PBI desktop since PBI service can't handle it.

Maybe, but isnt the problem the underlying data rather than the app?


@Zunair wrote:

@ICEPOC wrote:

Just for those who got this problem also, as i did.

 

As stated above, i checked my data and found 1 entry with the year 0033. Once i corrected that problem, my data refreshed OK.


This should be added as a #bug and be marked as error in PBI desktop since PBI service can't handle it.


Maybe, but isnt it an issue with the data rather than the app?

Sure the data has a problem, but it should be caught in the desktop app before it gets caught in pbi service. Especially since pbi desktop suppose to show the errors in the new error check chart.

Is there any way to convert dates before 1.1.1900 for the whole table? I have a bunch of tables with several columns including dates before 1.1.1900. Those dates come straight from ERP database and most of those cannot be changed in ERP GUI, (without manipulating the database). 

 

Maybe some power query string? Table.ReplaceValue ?

 

@JPNOP 

 

I would use switch for that:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/switch-function-dax

 

 

In that scenario you could simply replace any value before or on that date and then specify what you want as an output 🙂

 

Hope that makes sense

Helper I
Helper I

Is there a way to turn off this check.  Technically they are valid dates.  What if a museum wanted to categorize their artifacts by date?  they can't? 

I agree wholeheartedly with @Zunair . If the data is unacceptable in service, the desktop app should flag/warn/prohibit. At the same time, it would be preferable if it simply accepted valid dates.

Helpful resources

Announcements
November Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2020 Updates!

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform October Community Highlights

Check out the top community contributors across all of the communities

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors