cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aymen_Soussi
Frequent Visitor

my reports groups is groups/me/ !

Hello I want to do an embedding for my report to a node js applications, I 'm following the setps of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5KFY5Jh1Uc.

the problem I got is that when I opened my report to copy the necessary groupid* and reportid* from my report url the reportid* was fine but  the groupid* was "groups/me/"  and I couldn't connect my rest api with a response code: 401.

what do I need to do to get a valid groupid* other than "/me/" to connect my rest api successfully ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Aymen_Soussi wrote:

what do I need to do to get a valid groupid* other than "/me/" to connect my rest api successfully ?

You need to publish into a workspace other than "My Workspace". The "My Workspace" workspace is only for personal files - you cannot share anything in there with anyone else.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Aymen_Soussi wrote:

You need to publish into a workspace other than "My Workspace". The "My Workspace" workspace is only for personal files - you cannot share anything in there with anyone else.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI October Update 2021.jpg

Power BI Release

Click here to read more about the October 2021 Release!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Power BI Womens Summit 2021 768 x460.jpg

Interviews, learning sessions, allies, and more!

#PowerBIWomenSummit

Teds Dev Camp Oct. 2021 768x460.jpg

Power BI Dev Camp - October 28th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!