Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nasr_hf

multisubnetfailover for repository DB

Dear All,

We have a HA in -prem PBIRS setup with the repository configured using  LSN.

My problem is I am getting this error 

An error occurred within the report server database. This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database.

When I do simple nslookup for the LSN then I am getting two different IPs, when pointed out they asked me to configure 

multisubnetfailover=true.

My question is how to configure this for a PBIRS repository. I could find some help for doing it in Desktop.

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
nasr_hf

Dear Henry,

Thanks for your reply. I am not able find the options to set multisubnetfailover=true..

Kindly help.

TIA

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nasr_hf ,

I recommend that you use the Report Services Configuration Manager to recreate the Report Server Catalog database. In addition, make sure that the Report Server instance can connect to the Report Server database.
For more information on configuring the Report Server database connection (SSRS Configuration Manager), refer to the following documentation.

Configure a Report Server Database Connection (Configuration Manager) - SQL Server Reporting Service...

In addition, you can also refer to the following related solutions.

ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerStorageException: An e...

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.