Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arunselja

integrate own map server with PowerBI

Hi Folks,

Our organization planning to use PowerBI on premise. we are forseen a difficulty in that.

Requierment is we are a goverment organization and we have our own map server so that want integrate that map server with PowerBI instead of using any open source map services(e.g Bing) .Beacuase data security isimportant concern.

Is there any way integrate Private map server with PowerBI. This functionality is very important to us use PowerBI.

I expecting positive result.

Regards,

Arun 

3 REPLIES 3
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

If your referring to creating your own Map visual within PBI you can use the Custom Visual API/Tools to integrate your map server.

Thanks for Reply. I am not sure how to integrate own map server with PowerBI.

Please Let me know how to integrate own map server with PowerBI.

If you want to display Maps from your server within a Power BI report then Custom Visuals is the only way to do it. If you want to use data from your Map server then one of the data extensions available should allow you to pull data in. Without more specifics on what your Map server is and what you want to do it's difficult to recommend a specific approach.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.