Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pooneh_ce
Frequent Visitor

installing report services in domain controller is not supported

I want to install power bi report server on a server which is a domain controller, but I get the error ""installing report services in domain controller is not supported". is there any way to have both of them together?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pooneh_ce,

I have confirmed from PG team this is not supported, setup will block installation on a DC. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Xriz
Advocate I
Advocate I

Is there any update yet?

We unintentionally managed to get both to work by installing the RS first and then making the server a domain controller. Now, however, I want to install the latest version and get the aforementioned error message that the two don't work together but that's exactly what it's doing right this second, albeit not on the latest version.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pooneh_ce,

I have confirmed from PG team this is not supported, setup will block installation on a DC. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I don't see the reason for this to be an unsupported installation.

It's an add to reporting services and you can install that on a domain controller.

Say you are a small business that has limited resources and is managing all that through the one server they purchased.

Like a Windows Server 2016 Essentials installation

What is the solution then?

This is not  solved. It is a major problem for many people that have invested in SSRS.

I am having same issue how to solved ?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pooneh_ce,

I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.