Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to use only one url instead of two url's for paramter cases

hi all,

i have a powerbi report is save in power bi report server and deployed to report server web portal url.

here, in my report i have 2 cases one is female other male. In application i need to show female related report by clicking female tab and male report when clicking male tab. My source is tabular model(Analysis services) so i don't have option to take paramteres in report. so i decided to take report level filters "female " in first report and "male" in second report. then i can deploy 2 reports i web portal url and sync these url in front end ...is there any other way to take only one url instead of two seperate url's for single report. Please help..

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can define roles on SSAS side, then in Power BI report server, set the credential for the data source with "As the user viewing the report". See: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/How-to-Implement-Row-Level-Security-in-on-premises-SSRS-hosting/m-p/188678

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanx Qiuyun Yu for the reply.. but in my report "female" and "male" are values in a column not usernames.

there's a column named "CANDIDATE" and values under it are female,"male".

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.