Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

export data from PB - format

Hi,

when exporting data from table in PB, all the data is pushed to single column.

Is there any way to export data to seperated columns like the original table in PB?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What program are you trying to export to? In my experience, the csv output file is automatically separated by column when exporting to excel. Alternatively, you can manually set a delimiter as the commas separating the output data fields in your program of choice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This happens when clicking on export data icon from power bi. Users just want to open the exported file without saving. But the single given option is open as csv, and then the file is opened with all data pushed to one column.
When saving the file locally as excel, the data is opened properlly with delimited columns.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm unable to replicate this issue on my machine.. having no problems with the data being separated regardless of how I export. Have you tried checking the regional setting for list separator?

Control Panel > Region/Language options > Additional settings > List seperator set to comma.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I could not find how to navigate to these settings. There are no "additional settings" under languages/region. I also did not find something like that under other categories.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Windows 7

1. Select Control Panel
  2. Select Region and Language
  3. Click on Formats Tab
  4. Click on Additional Settings
  5. Locate the List separator
  6. Change the separator from a full stop (.) to a comma (,) 
  7. Then click on Apply then Ok
  8. Under the Formats Tab click on Apply then Ok
  9. Test the Excel import again

Windows 8/10

To change regional settings,

• go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options | (Windows 10  (Start >type Control Panel  and press enter > Region))
  • Click Additional Settings
  • For Decimal Symbol, enter a dot:.
  • For List Separator, enter a comma:,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.