Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maysam_mah

error Creating New Database on power bi report server

I recently installed a power bi on-premisses report server on my windows server 2016 and in PowerBI Report Server Configuration Manager I defined the web service URL and web portal URL . then when I tried to create new database on database tab , I got this error message and don't know what to do for fixing this. 

I really appreciate you for helping me.

the error message: 

Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.WMIProviderException: An error occurred when attempting to connect to the report server remote procedure call (RPC) end point. Verify that the Report Server Windows service is running, and then retry the operation.

---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The RPC server is not listening. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706B3)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.RSWmiAdmin.ThrowOnError(ManagementBaseObject mo)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.RSWmiAdmin.GenerateDatabaseScript(String databaseName, Int32 lcid, Boolean isSharePointIntegrated, String& script)
at ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.RSReportServerAdmin.GenerateDatabaseScript(String databaseName, Int32 lcid, Boolean isSharePointIntegrated, String& script)

1 REPLY 1
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi,

Are you able to connect to the DB through any other means (such as SSMS)? This looks like an issue with connecting to the Database Server machine. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.