Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

johnny_dim
Regular Visitor

double data in dashboard

Hi all,

i had an odd problem where the data in a dashboard on the Report server had double the data in for a user. After it got reported to me, i looked into it and everything was working again, the data in the background was also fine, so no double data anywhere in the pipeline. I couldn't find any reason, why it was doubled in the first place. Does anyone have an idea, what caused this?

Thanks a lot

5 REPLIES 5
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @johnny_dim ,

In the tests I did, it showed up fine. It's hard to go tell if it's a bug or not if I can't reproduce the issue.
As you said it only appears in a single report, there must be something in it that I missed.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Vertig00
Regular Visitor

I'm experiencing the same problem this morning. A report that's being used by 250 ppl per suddenly shows doubled data (data is NOT doubled in the SQL DWH).. 2 a 2nd time in 2 weeks time/.

Let's gather some more occurences of this hre - potential issue with the new version? 

Hi,

yeah if more people got this problem, then it can't be the data in the DWH. I checked the data thoroughly without finding anything suspicious. Did the problem solve itself for you or do you still see double the data?

I'll update the thread if i encounter the problem again.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @johnny_dim ,

I tried to reproduce your problem and did a simple test, but didn't get a similar experience as you did.
Does this problem still exist? Does this problem occur with other reports?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Thanks for the answer,

the problem was only with that one report so far, and now its showing correctly again, it would be good to know, where it comes from though to be able to prevent it in future and as i saw above, im not the only user with this problem. Maybe really a bug with this version?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.