Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fatemehdashti
Regular Visitor

can not create scheduled refresh plan

Hi everybody, Please help me

When I want to create scheduled refresh plan, this error occures:

****The SQL Agent service is not running, This option requires the SQL Agent service.****

I checked my SQL Agent service in Microsoft SQL Server Management and started it but above error is shown again and not solved.

How can I solve this error and create an scheduled refresh plan?

Note that I get data from sql server DB with Import option.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you find a solution for this?tnx

muchinski
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @fatemehdashti, the user account used to connect Power BI Reporting Services Service to the Report Server database must be, at least, member of the SQLAgentOperatorRole on msdb database, in order to create jobs. (refresh plans create jobs internally to deal with schedules)

Can you check that? It is a permission on the server that hosts the Report Server database.

Thanks@muchinski, I set my user properties like below, Do you mean this? Unfortunatelly the error is shown again, Please guide me more.

1.jpg

Hi, I meant the user that connect PBIRS to the database. You can find it using Report Server Configuration Manager (image bellow).

Capture.PNG

In addition, do you see any error message on SQL Agent Log? 

Capture2.PNG

Hi, my Report Server Configuration Manager is:

3.jpg

Also I set login properties for "NT AUTORITY\SYSTEM" like this:

4.jpg

But I still see some errors on SQL Agent log:

2.jpg

and It is showen previous error again whenI create a scheduled refresh plan. I'm really confuesed. What do I do now?

On your report server configurations, the connection is made with NT AUTHORITY\Network Service, but you gave permissions to NT AUTORITY\SYSTEM. They are different users -> I believe that this is the problem.

Why don’t you try to change the database configurations of your report server to use the built-in suggest account (more secure)? Or create a database user for your PBIRS authentication?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.