Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

can not Save Report to power bi report server Jan 2019 version

We upgrade power bi report server to new versio Jan 2019, that is successful, we open one report in power bi desktop Jan 2019 version, and save to new version report server, but when I load report to new version, it give error: "here was an error uploading your .pbix file. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file."  Does anyone has any idea how to fix this. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
jrosalesgo
Frequent Visitor

We got a issue about error 400 because user is waiting for answer from server but was refused, and I solved uninstalling Power BI Report Server and restarting the server and reinstalling POWER BI REPORT SERVER, seems like a problem with software, 

xantari
Helper II
Helper II

I am also having the issue saving power bi reports to Jan 2019 version.

Examining the logs I see this many times:

2019-03-04 10:51:03.0483|ERROR|8|Unhandled error in the Web API. Exception: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Error while copying content to a stream. ---> System.IO.IOException ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request
   at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener.RequestProcessing.ExceptionFilterStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Web.Http.Owin.HttpMessageHandlerAdapter.<SendResponseContentAsync>d__20.MoveNext()| RequestID = s_c837a6c7-b441-4c13-91ea-0343ab38986b 
2019-03-04 10:51:03.0483|INFO|8|ARRTNT\sqlservice ::1: GET /api/v1.0/ManagementState - 0:00:00.1469682
Connection dropped| RequestID = s_c837a6c7-b441-4c13-91ea-0343ab38986b System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Web.Http.Owin.HttpMessageHandlerAdapter.<SendResponseContentAsync>d__20.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Web.Http.Owin.HttpMessageHandlerAdapter.<InvokeCore>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at Microsoft.BIServer.Management.WebHost.RequestLoggingMiddleWare.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext()
jrosalesgo
Frequent Visitor

Also, we are facing the same problem with Power Bi Report Server January 2019, Versión 1.4.6969.7395 (Enero de 2019), and is a bit confusing because the reports worked few days before with external/internal data source, even joining 2 tables from different source using direct query, the reports are working fine on Power BI Report Server AUG 2018.

mczeigler12
Frequent Visitor

We are facing the same problem. Just adding a Role to a report, without implementing the role filter, causes the report to fail on Report Server. We use the feature heavily and have lost access to these reports since the January 209 update. What is the fix?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue solved, remove Aug version row level security and  Security Filter on tables, then deploy to power bi report server Jan 2019.

We're actually facing the same issue. But when we remove the security filter the dynamic RLS does not work at all. How did you solve that issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

what I did is: uncheck  "Apply security filter in both directions", in Edit relationship screen. and remove management role, then I can deploy the report to power bi report server 2019 Jan version, that pbix is implemented use Aug 2018 version. I think 2019 Jan has row level security feature, maybe we need follow it, reimplement row level secruity in 2019 Jan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am seeing the same issue.  I re-implmented in Jan 2019 and still no luck deploying with "Apply Security filter in both directions" set while using that table in a Role.  I have a little mockup that shows the issue here.  I would think it would be one or the more common use cases for RLS.  We are rolling back since the Jan release seems to be too buggy, especially with most direct query reports also being broken.

Anonymous
Not applicable

we also want to roll back, how to you rollback, Are you just uninstall power bi report server Jan 2019 version. and restall Aug 2018 version? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.