cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkinnyPete63 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Word Wrap disappearing when report published to Report Server

Hi @CristinaLia

Thanks for the feedback.  Oddly, I have two matrices that are pretty much identical and without any intervention from me, one of them just started doing the word wrap.......  I will take your advice and see how I go!

CristinaLia Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

All the best, hope it works for you!

Arklur Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

You are not the only one who has this problem, It's also not working for me and I tried enabling the "auto width" for the Matrix, but it didn't solve the issue. Too bad it's still not fixed :(.

EDIT: Though I'm talking about values in rows, not the column headers.

lianetoohey Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I am facing this same problem. My auto-size and word wrap settings are enabled and I've saved over my report several times. Does anyone know of another way to solve this problem? Or might I expect for it to be resolved in an upcoming version of the Report Server? I'm really in a pickle here.  

wilhelmF Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

We also have the the problem. Any workarounds?

SkinnyPete63 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi Wilhelm

I have fixed the issue, but I don't want to post an answer as it is very unsatisfactory and I cannot replicate it at will.  All I did was "play around" with the controls like autosizing column headings and word wrap on values, publish the report and one time it worked.  Then I just used the format painter to copy the formatting to the other matrices I was having issues with.

I tried going back and repeating what I did on other reports, but I could not get it to work reliably.

Sorry I can't be of more help

pavithran Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This worked for me. In the power Bi desktop In cloum Headers TurnOff Word Wrap and TurnOn Word wrap back again and publish to Power Bi server.

Highlighted
Arklur Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

It looks like the update (2018 March) solved the problem, likely it was a bug which got fixed.

What I noticed is that when I opened my reports with the updated desktop app, the "Word Wrap" was OFF, I set it to ON, uploaded it, and it worked.

View solution in original post

purana2002 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Word Wrap.JPG

Please turn off the Auto-size column width and turn on the Word-wrap.

Bigtuna Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I'm encountering a similar problem but with the Card visual. I have word wrap on in the desktop app but after publishing to services it gets turned off under format settings. Do anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 65 members 1,231 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: