Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

parik
Frequent Visitor

Whitelisted custom visuals

Hi,

is it possible to allow users of Power BI report server to use only certain, white-listed custom visuals? Or at least only certified custom visuals?

If user includes other custom visual, I'd expected an error when he/she tries to upload such report to the server.

Is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks,

Petr

2 REPLIES 2
Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

All custom visuals can work as they can be loaded directly into desktop and published. However, we only officially support visuals offered through the store. There is an admin switch to disable all custom visuals on the report server, however there is no option to specifically whitelist specific ones.

Thanks for answer. I'm afraid this makes the custom visuals feature unusable for our purpose, because of security risks.

If our users can upload reports with custom visuals they got from anywhere from the Internet, then we will definitely turn this option off.  

Or am I missing something? Smiley Frustrated

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.