Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pabeader
Post Patron
Post Patron

When refreshing a report, it doesn't show the number of rows begin read.

Ever since PBI-RS was updated in September, I no longer see the number of records (Rows) being read into the model. 

All it says is "Creating connection in model..."

Then after a while it flashes the green check and the dialog goes away.  

The data IS bing updated, but without the count being displayed, you don't know if things are working or not.

pabeader_0-1634563175901.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Strangers
Frequent Visitor

It was fixed in the last release today 🙂

Strangers_0-1638887887554.png

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Strangers
Frequent Visitor

It was fixed in the last release today 🙂

Strangers_0-1638887887554.png

Update just the client or the server too?

Hi @pabeader ,

As of now, this issue is only fixed in the latest version of DesktopRS. there are no further updates to the Report server at this time. I will keep you informed if there are any new updates.

Best Regards,
Henry

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pabeader ,

This has been fixed in the latest version of PBIRS, which I have tested.

vhenrykmstf_0-1636105534877.png

Download link:Download Microsoft Power BI Report Server- September 2021 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Still doesn't work for me.  I updated the client.  Do I need to update the server, too?

Hi @pabeader ,

Only the PBI desktop RS version has been updated to fix this issue, no further updates have been made to the server version. I will keep an eye on it and will keep you informed of the latest news.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The update file is exactly the same as the original.  Even the version number is the same.  I think somebody messed up the upload.

Hi @pabeader ,

I have communicated with the Product Team, and this issue is being fixed. Please wait patiently and I will post any updates here in time. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,
Henry

Hi @v-henryk-mstf ,

is there any progress? It's still not working, there is no new version of PowerBI Desktop RS avaliable.

Any progress on this?  It'sreally getting to be a problem.  I have a number of Oracle datasources that aare known to stall and with out the progress numbers I don't know what's going on.

Is it just the Client or the server too?

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @josef78 ,

The current RS version has not yet had the latest update, looking forward to the official team's soon to fix. I will update the latest notice in time!

Best Regards,
Henry

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pabeader ,

Based on your description, this seems to be an issue that has been widely discussed with the recent update release. Will keep an eye on this topic and will keep you informed if there are further updates.

Query refresh displays only the "Evaluating..." st... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Henry

Hello @v-henryk-mstf 

Please when will be fixed? Please ETA time for onpremise Power BI Desktop RS for enterprises deployments? 

For regular mass market Power BI Desktop it is already fixed!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.