Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the right Power Bi Product for my needs?

Hi -

I am trying to find out which Power Bi Product works best for my need to publish dashboard to multiple users across my company. My users dont have power BI installed on their systems. I dont want my dashboard users to pay for power Bi license. I want to upload the dashboard on a server from where I want users to read and navigate the dashbaord, using filters and options available in ther dashboard. Can I use my company server to upload the dashboards? The dashboards have confidential company information and cannot be put into unsecure server.

Which Power BI product works for me?  Will power Bi Pro help? Will Power Bi allow me to publish my report to my company's server and let people access the dashboards?

Minosh 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The report pages are all interactive when using them.

With regards to the pricing you will either need Power BI Premium, or SQL Server Enterprise Licensing with Software Assurance.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

From what you are trying to describe, Power BI Report Server is what you are looking for.
This will allow you to create the reports and upload it onto your own Power BI Report Server.
The only person who will require a Power BI Pro license will be the person who is publishing the reports.

One thing to note is that with Power BI Report Server there are no dashboards, only report pages. Which often work really well.

You can find details here on Power BI Report Server: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/report-server/

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gilbert! 

You said that power Bi report server does not have dashboard and only report pages. But typicall dashboards are the views that a user sees. I am not clear how report pages is versus a dashboard (which is interactive). What's the price of Power BI report server? - Assume that I am the only person who will develop the reports but I may have about 100 readers.

The report pages are all interactive when using them.

With regards to the pricing you will either need Power BI Premium, or SQL Server Enterprise Licensing with Software Assurance.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.