Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KalleSjo
Regular Visitor

We're not able to upload this report. The report was created with a recent version of Power BI Deskt

I have no idéa whats going on.

We are running the latest verion of PowerBi report server (15.0.1111.115) and PowerBi desktop (2.114.664.0 64-bit (februari 2023))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The problem is that you are trying to publish to Report Server with the wrong version of Desktop. Every version of Report Server has a matching version of Desktop that you should use to avoid this error. There is a downloads link in the top right corner of the Report Server Portal which links to the correct version of desktop to use with that Server. 

I have some suggestions here as to how you might be able to get these reports working in Report Server https://darren.gosbell.com/2022/10/power-bi-report-server-fixing-cant-upload-this-report/ 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TJ73

I have the same problem since the lastest release. I tried all options/solutions given here and other places, it simply do not work. What I don't get is that MS can release a PowerBI desktop version that is not supported by the latest PowerBI reportserver (january 2024). 

Can someone change the resolution from 'Resolved' to 'Not resolved' ? The solution provided by one of the users is incorrect and doesn't work. We all have the same issue, but looks like there is no resolution. Hope someone from Microsoft reads this and provides us a resolution / fix to this issue. 

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The problem is that you are trying to publish to Report Server with the wrong version of Desktop. Every version of Report Server has a matching version of Desktop that you should use to avoid this error. There is a downloads link in the top right corner of the Report Server Portal which links to the correct version of desktop to use with that Server. 

I have some suggestions here as to how you might be able to get these reports working in Report Server https://darren.gosbell.com/2022/10/power-bi-report-server-fixing-cant-upload-this-report/ 

I have tried exactly what you suggested above by downloaded the version suggested by the Report Server Download link and not the 32bit version of POWERBI Desktop RS nor the 64 bit version works. I still cannot upload the new file still get the same error. “Cant upload this report. Were unable to upload this report. The report was created with a recent version of PowerBI Desktop that is not yet supported by this server” Running Windows 11, The suggested PowerBI version was POWERBI DESKTOP RS May 2023 Any other ideas?

I am facing the same issue. Trying to upload a BI report with May2023 version, but to no avail. I am getting the same error : "We're not able to upload this report. The report was created with a recent version of Power BI Desktop that is not yet supported by this server" . Any idea on what this issue is  or any workaround/solution  ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors