Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MI
Frequent Visitor

We cannot convert the value "[Table]" to type Table.

Hi,

I donot face any error in Power BI Desktop. but while running same report on server, I face below error. Waiting for support.

We cannot convert the value "[Table]" to type Table.

Here is the M query. 

let
Source = Folder.Files("\\IPACK-SVR-FILE\Production\10-Waste\Employee of the Month"),
RemoveOtherColumns = Table.SelectColumns(Source,{"Content", "Name"}),
SplitTextFunction = Splitter.SplitTextByRepeatedLengths(30000),
ListInput = Table.ToRows(RemoveOtherColumns),
ConvertOneFile = (InputRow as list) =>
let
BinaryIn = InputRow{0},
FileName = InputRow{1},
BinaryText = Binary.ToText(BinaryIn, BinaryEncoding.Base64),
SplitUpText = SplitTextFunction(BinaryText),
AddFileName = List.Transform(SplitUpText, each {FileName,_})
in
AddFileName,
ConvertAllFiles = List.Transform(ListInput, each ConvertOneFile(_)),
CombineLists = List.Combine(ConvertAllFiles),
ToTable = #table(type table[Name=text,Pic=text],CombineLists),
AddIndexColumn = Table.AddIndexColumn(ToTable, "Index", 0, 1),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(AddIndexColumn, each ([Name] <> "Thumbs.db")),
#"Split Column by Delimiter" = Table.SplitColumn(#"Filtered Rows", "Name", Splitter.SplitTextByDelimiter(".", QuoteStyle.Csv), {"Name.1", "Name.2"}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Split Column by Delimiter",{{"Name.1", type text}, {"Name.2", type text}}),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Changed Type",{"Name.2"}),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Removed Columns",{{"Name.1", "Name"}})
in
#"Renamed Columns"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MI
Frequent Visitor

Dear Ibendlin,

Thank you for your support. I have found the solution for this problem. actually issue was with Privacy setting of the data source. after fix this my problem is resolved. Thank u 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MI ,

If the problem has been solved you can mark the reply for the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly. If not, please point it out.

Looking forward to your feedback.🙂

Best Regards,
Henry

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Are there any empty (zero length) files in that folder?  Or files that are being written to while you run your query?

MI
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

No, there is no empty (zero length) files in that folder. attached query converts high resolution Pictures to display in BI. This works perfect in Desktop but gives error on server

Does it fail completely in the service or only for certain files?  What's the average size of the image files, and how many are there?

MI
Frequent Visitor

It's failing completely. There are 5 files with average size of each file is 450 Kb

What gateway version are you using? Can the gateway VMs see the file share? Do you have an option to put the files on a sharepoint or Onedrive instead?

MI
Frequent Visitor

Dear Ibendlin,

Thank you for your support. I have found the solution for this problem. actually issue was with Privacy setting of the data source. after fix this my problem is resolved. Thank u 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors