Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

eijer
Helper I
Helper I

Way to change user logged in? Need custom login.

Once  user connects to the RS portal, user can access the portal with computer login account currently logged in. In case of another user is required to login to portal without moving to her/his computer immediate. Is there any way to access the portal without going through a computer logoff? If so, what should I do?

Thanx

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You could try just running the browser process as a different user. 

To do this see the screenshot below...

1. right click on your browser icon in your task bar 
  2. then hold shift and right-click on the browser icon 2
  3. the choose the "run as different user" option

2019-05 runas.png

View solution in original post

The other option would be to stop using windows authentication and use basic authentication see here

But that would mean every user would need to enter their username/password every time they accessed the portal.

So if you only need to swap users occassionally for one off tests the "run as" option is the best.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You could try just running the browser process as a different user. 

To do this see the screenshot below...

1. right click on your browser icon in your task bar 
  2. then hold shift and right-click on the browser icon 2
  3. the choose the "run as different user" option

2019-05 runas.png

@d_gosbell 

Jejus!!!

What if I would suggest BI develop team to apply feature to change user, will it be accepted? lol

The other option would be to stop using windows authentication and use basic authentication see here

But that would mean every user would need to enter their username/password every time they accessed the portal.

So if you only need to swap users occassionally for one off tests the "run as" option is the best.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.