cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jllane

Visual using secondary axis but secondary axis is turned off

I have a line and stacked column chart and all values are using the primary axis because they are on the same scale. Just recently we have tested an upgrade to May 2020 Report Server and I noticed that the visual in this test version is using the secondary axis for the line and the zeros are not aligned on primary and secondary making the value for the line higher than the value on the primary axis--note the secondary axis is not displaying. On desktop, it displays correctly and still displays correctly on our older version production site.  I do not want to display the secondary axis and have not been able to figure out how to fix this but need to do so before we move the new version to production. Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

If you go into the formatting options for your visual, in the Y-Axis settings underneath the "Show Secondary" option there are values for Start and End, these options relate to the secondard (line) Y-Axis, you should delete any values in these settings if you want the axis to be synchronized. I had a user who had accidentally changed these settings as it was not clear that they only related to the secondary y-axis.

If this does not work, when you enable the secondary axis there is an "align zeros" option, so try enabling the secondary axis, turning on "align zeros" then hidding the secondary axis and see if this helps. (if it does it's probably a bug, but it might let you work around this issue)

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through June10th!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Watch Session 22 Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!