Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jarchibald

Users can't view anymore

Hi,

I am new to Power BI.  

We have a Dashboard with a Pro License and a report that has been shared with users.  A couple of weeks ago, the users with Power BI (Free) license stopped working.  it is now asking them to upgrade to a pro license.

This report was created a year ago and they have been able to access it until now.  I have to assign a pro license to users for them to now.  any way to get them working again as I don't want to assign everyone a pro license so they can view a report.

Thanks

Joe

2 REPLIES 2
jarchibald

I am thinking that you are correct that the users were on a trial that has expired.

I don't know how the premium works.  Can I change the workspace from pro to premium per user and then assign premium per user licenses to the user that edits the report (admin).  All other users (30+) are report viewers and can stay on the free license?

Thanks

Joe

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Free users are very limited in what they can see. There is a list here of what free users can access Feature availability for users with Free licenses in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Lea... bu basically to view reports they either need to be on a premium capacity or the on-prem report server or the user will need a pro license. 

So it sounds like your users must have been using a trial of the pro license. I think there are some circustances where the trial can be extended, but it sounds like this has now run out and your users will need to buy pro to view these reports (or you will need to put them on a premium capacity, but this is expensive unless you have hundreds of users)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors