Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

panchag
Regular Visitor

User login into Report Server On premises

I have setup  Report Server on my PC (WIN 10) with SQL Server Evaluation Version .

I was able to access  Report Server URL and also create sample .pbix and publish it to Report server. I want to share the content to the users so that users could login and explore.

I was able to add the users in site settings > Security who are in our AD group. 

I shared my URL : http://[IP address of PC:80/Reports/browse/

But users are not able to login. What is the process for users to log in into Report Server and  view the content.

3 REPLIES 3
roger_that
Regular Visitor

For those coming much after this question was asked,  my experience was that I needed to add the users (or groups) to SQL server security, so that requests could be checked for permissions to perform the operation requested.  Think:  user -> PBIRS -> SQL Server -> Active Directory.   If a user is not in SQL Server security, his/her request will not be passed on to AD for a check of permissions.  I created an AD group called PowerBI, and gave that group needed permissions in SQL server.  You can add groups for Publisher to AD, and add people to that group, and use that group membership within the PowerBI Report Server, to grant them the right to publish reports.

Roger

panchag
Regular Visitor

Well Guys, Any Ideas /Sugesstions?

Are the users that are trying to get to the reporting site connected to the same network that you are?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.