User licencese Paginated Reports for link embebed in a URL
I'm trying to use paginated reports PowerBI and i have some doubts about the licence users. I know some steps to create and share the paginated reports
1. I have updated my license to premium per user
2. I have created a new workspace premium per user
3. I have created a paginated report using PowerBI paginated report. The something special is that i have connected the datasource to a other worskpace (not premium per user) and it is running
4. I have uploaded the RDL file to the workspace premium per user
5. I have done access permissions to the paginated report to some people in the company. I have checked that only the people with premium per user licence can access to the report (this should be normal)
6. The doubt that i have... is i have taken the embed link (Secure embed code when you click in file and embed) of the paginated report and i have shared it to my coleguess (that have access to the paginated report) that have only Pro license and they can see the paginated report. The only difference is as it is embeded, they can't suscribe to the report.
Is this correct? people with only Pro License can see embeded links of paginated reports without the posibility to create a suscription?
Or only premium per users can acess to the paginated report although it is a embed link and i'm what i'm seeing is a PowerBI service bug?
Can someone help me to understand this? Kind regards!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
You don't need edit permissions to the paginated report to create a subscription for yourself, but you must have edit permissions to create one for someone else in your organization. If you have at least a Contributor role in the workspace where the paginated report is, then you can create subscriptions for others in your organization. Read more aboutRoles in workspaces.
Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
@dobregon : Interesting, It could possibly be due to the dataset is on other workspace and not on PPU. Pro license which also can be used for sharing embeded reports in non-PPU workspaces. PPU license comes with pro as well. This sounds like a bug with an edge case not caught by MSFT.