Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the webpage backend and the IIS as a proxy to the ReportServer

Hi,

My company currently uses SyncFusion as graphical library and wish to change to the Power BI totally on-prem through the Report Server. We have hundreds of customers over the internet that will see the reports embedded in a web page hosted in an IIS.

The problem is that the iframe goes direct to the Report Server, and my company doesn't want this. My company wishes that the iframe( or another thing that allow embedding reports in web pages ) goes to the backend, and the IIS machines do the requests to the Report Server and return the results to the external customer, to protect the Report Server and avoid other people to see the report or even external customers accessing data from other external customers.

Our intention:
-Upload our reports to the ReportServer
-Create hidden filters in the reports to avoid an external customer see data from another external customer
-Embed these reports through an iframe( or another thing ) in a page hosted in an IIS
-Use the backend as a proxy to avoid customers change the filter that goes through the URL, avoid direct access to the URL through the web browser, and avoid random people over the internet to access the ReportServer. Using the IIS and the network security as a protection to the ReportServer

Is it possible?

Ps: We will not use the CustomSecuritySample of the Report Server. We tried, but we don't like it.

Best Regards,

Luis

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.