Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

max8723
Regular Visitor

Use shared datasets from Report Server with Power BI Desktop RS

Is there a way to use shared datasets from Report Server on Power BI Desktop RS ?

If the only way is OData feed, is it possible to use datasets with more than 400 000 rows and in reasonable times ?

For now, I need to reduce the number of rows in my dataset so it does not fail when importing on Power BI Desktop RS and it can takes more than 30 minutes...

Thanks for your time and help !

1 REPLY 1
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@max8723 

First of all, the workflow is you create a report in desktop for RS than save it to Report Sever, and there is a button "Edit in Power bi Desktop on  RS". So I am sure what do you mean by import share dataset from Report Sever back to Power bI Desktop for RS.

If you mean the shared dataset from Power BI Service, you can just get the dataset in the connector in Power bi Desktop.

Vpazhenmsft_0-1627536959686.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.