Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rupayan87

Use proxy for web Data source in PBI Report Server

Hi,

I need to connect to a data source which is basically an API URL. The server that has PBIRS installed, the API can be accessed only using a proxy. So after I go to internet options and change the LAN settings to use the proxy, I can reach the API by accesing it in browser.

However in report server when I onfigure the data source with the API URL, add an account for Basic authentication  and try to test the connection I get the below error

"unable to connect the remote server"

Is there a way to specify in the data source to use a sepcific proxy while trying to connect to the API.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alright this is fixed. I logged in to the server using the PBIRS service account, set the proxy and then restarted the PBIRS service. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rupayan87

ok, I changed the proxy settings for the Service account with which PBIRS is configured. Now I get the below error when i try to test connection with data source.

2020-09-01 08:26:01.9101|ERROR|55|OData exception occurred: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

I tried to use Basic Authentication and gave the account/pwd for accessing the API.

Once again, when I try to access normally from browser, I can access the API URL. Any ideas?

Alright this is fixed. I logged in to the server using the PBIRS service account, set the proxy and then restarted the PBIRS service. 

Hi. How do you configure proxy? From the server thats use Power BI Report Server or from Power BI Report Server environment?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.