Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davidsimm10
Frequent Visitor

Upload SSRS file into PowerBI

I am trying to upload an SSRS report into PowerBI. SSRS is on site, PowerBI Premium is in online.

I was hoping that I would be able to use the report in PowerBI while using the gateway as the connection.

I am getting the following error. I have the connection in the gateway but is named differently. Can anyone shed any light on what I am trying to do please? Thank you...

Report contains unsupported shared data source: Reporting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi,

SSRS report in PowerBI.com service does not support shared data sources. You will need to update your report to rather use embedded data source and then upload. The embedded data source can point to your onprem data source and then can be accessed via the gateway in PowerBI.com service.

Hth,

Rohit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

How I fixed this:

I had one report that connected directly and two reports that used the shared data source. In the reports with the shared data source I did the following:

View the code of the report with shared data source. The section of code that starts with <DataSource Name="*****"> and ends with </DataSource> I replaced with the same section from the code from the report with a direct connection. 

rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi,

SSRS report in PowerBI.com service does not support shared data sources. You will need to update your report to rather use embedded data source and then upload. The embedded data source can point to your onprem data source and then can be accessed via the gateway in PowerBI.com service.

Hth,

Rohit

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.