Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrade to October release issue

Is anyone else having problems saving in the new October release? I get the following: 

Error

Cant open file or folder /. It may have been moved, renamed or deleted

Any thoughts as to why? Is there a configuration issue? 

Also, any idea when there will be the availablity to straight publish to a Power BI Report Server, like the functionality in the cloud? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edugonz
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Which version of the desktop are you using? The desktop version must match the server version (October 2017)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should clarify - I am getting this error when I am trying to save a Desktop report to my Power BI Report Server

Is this happening using the RS version of Power BI Desktop or when uploading via web? If it's the former this will most likely be fixed by downloading the latest version of desktop:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56136

If it's the latter then we might need more details to investigate further.

Thanks!

Eduardo

edugonz
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Which version of the desktop are you using? The desktop version must match the server version (October 2017)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep - that worked. 

As soon as I opened up the right version of the desktop, that error went away. I'll go create a new issue for the next error 🙂

Thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.