Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrade from SSRS 2016 SP2 CU4 to PBIRS Jan 2019 Issues with DataSources and Subscriptions

Hi,

We have upgraded from the platforms above (kept ReportServer database from SSRS 2016).  Since the upgrade I am unable to update datasources using the portal for SSRS Reports.  Changing any datasources will simply change back to the original  (we are using shared datasources).  Changing the report to "custom data source" to leave me stuck and unable to change it again.  The only way to fix this would be to re-deploy the report.

Also, I since the upgrade I am unable to edit or create subscriptions.  Everytime I try, i get told that "Subscription can't be created or edited because the credentials used to run the report are not stored, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid."    I went as far as deploying a blank report with no data and I still get the same message.

Any help or patches would be greatly appreciated.  Even some sql statemetns to try to fix linking tables under SSRS would be very helpful.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

After restoring our pre-upgraded database (SQL 2016) into our localhost environment, we identified that issues with Subscriptions was related to removing the setting "Manage individual subscriptions" from "Content Managers". 

The issue with changing "Datasources" still happens.  This can be addressed by re-deploying the report, but you can't update the datasource in the portal itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.