cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unable to view updated report in Power BI Server

Hi,

I have updated my dashboard on Power BI desktop and published onto the server, yet i am unable to view or acesss the updated reports on the server. 

Please give me a solution

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Unable to view updated report in Power BI Server

@akshath_kotian  what error message are you getting?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

May be your permissions are gone? But without error meassage it's diffecult to say ;).

Best,

Kathrin

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@KBO @vanessafvg There is no error message. When i try find the file on the server, it just isn't there.

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi, short question we talk about the Power BI Report Server? If you able to upload files you also permitted to see them there. Best, Kathrin
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes i know, Couple of weeks of ago. Any updates i was making to the Power Bi files was not reflecting on the server. I tried changing the file name. I do not get an error while trying to publish the report on the server, the process of publishing gets completed. 

When i need to view the report on the server, the file is not there in my workspace or anywhere else. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@vanessafvg @KBO Any idea why this is happening ? 

Super User I
Super User I

@akshath_kotian  if you manually upload it is that successful and can you view it? 

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @akshath_kotian ,

ok, so can you make a screenshot how du you upload the report and on which place on the server you store the file? And another question is, the Reports Server and the Desktop are the same Version? Because somethimes If the Desktop App an the server have different versions - strange things can happen.

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@KBO @vanessafvg 

I click on the publish button, after making changes to the Power BI file on hte desktop. I get a notification saying, the upload is successful. When i access the web version of  Power BI, the file that got uploaded is not there. 

Essentially the file or any updates is not reflected in the web version of the application. 

Apologies for the late response. I was caught up with something else.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors