Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to view updated report in Power BI Server

Hi,

I have updated my dashboard on Power BI desktop and published onto the server, yet i am unable to view or acesss the updated reports on the server. 

Please give me a solution

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
KBO
MVP

Hi, short question we talk about the Power BI Report Server? If you able to upload files you also permitted to see them there. Best, Kathrin
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i know, Couple of weeks of ago. Any updates i was making to the Power Bi files was not reflecting on the server. I tried changing the file name. I do not get an error while trying to publish the report on the server, the process of publishing gets completed. 

When i need to view the report on the server, the file is not there in my workspace or anywhere else. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

ok, so can you make a screenshot how du you upload the report and on which place on the server you store the file? And another question is, the Reports Server and the Desktop are the same Version? Because somethimes If the Desktop App an the server have different versions - strange things can happen.

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KBO @vanessafvg 

I click on the publish button, after making changes to the Power BI file on hte desktop. I get a notification saying, the upload is successful. When i access the web version of  Power BI, the file that got uploaded is not there. 

Essentially the file or any updates is not reflected in the web version of the application. 

Apologies for the late response. I was caught up with something else.

Hi @Anonymous ,

if I remember correctly you can click on a link over the successful message wich guides you right to the report? 

Can you make a screenshot of your Report Server Surface? Only to check if its the rigth one 😄 maybe you publish to Power BI Service instead ;).

You need for the Power BI Report Server the Power BI Desktop (if you downloaded the Report Server you can also download the desktop there)

Best,

Kathrin

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://postimg.cc/SXFHgYHc (screenshot)

@KBO @vanessafvg  I can view the file, even after i click on the link.  

I have updated the desktop version of Power BI as well (Feb 2020update)

Hi @Anonymous ,

go to app.powerbi.com and you will finde your reports - in your personal Workspace if you choose this.

Best,

Kathrin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KBO  I am unable to view the published file on the web application of Power BI. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Messages2.JPG

Hi @Anonymous ,

you must watch under the workspace you've published. For example - My Workspace-:

MyWorkspace.jpg

1) Click My workspace

2 Click Report beside Dashboard

Best,

Kathrin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KBO @vanessafvg I am monitoring my workspace. All the dashboards that i have published in the past, is pushed to my workspace on the web application. 

As stated earlier. Once i publish latest reports, the link that is generated after the publishing just takes me to the dashboard section of the power bi web application. I try to custom search the file name as well, but there are no results. 

Could you please give me solutions or let me know if there is a technical team i can contact to rectify the issue. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

for the Power BI Report Server there is no Feb 2020 Update only Jan 2020. Please double check your Desktop Client ;).

If it look like thisDesktop Cloud.jpg

Than its the client for the Power BI Service not for the Report Server :).

Best,

Kathrin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanessafvg @KBO Any idea why this is happening ? 

@Anonymous  if you manually upload it is that successful and can you view it? 

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

KBO
MVP

May be your permissions are gone? But without error meassage it's diffecult to say ;).

Best,

Kathrin

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  what error message are you getting?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KBO @vanessafvg There is no error message. When i try find the file on the server, it just isn't there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.