Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pragyamishra
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to upload desktop created pbix file

Hi All,

I am fairly new to Power BI. I created a dummy report in Power BI Desktop and tried uplaoding it at the Power BI Report Server but am unable to do so.

I have both SSRS as well as PBIRS installed but on different ports and as such, their web service and web portal URLs are different but still unable to uplaod. Can someone help?

the error message i get is :- 

An error has occurred.

There was an error uploading your .pbix file. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pragyamishra,

Please make sure you have installed corresponding Power BI desktop optimized for report server version on your machine. Please ensure report is created from this optimized desktop version. 

Please update the report server to the latest version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56137

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pragyamishra,

Please make sure you have installed corresponding Power BI desktop optimized for report server version on your machine. Please ensure report is created from this optimized desktop version. 

Please update the report server to the latest version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56137

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same issue; However when I try to upload the pbix file to the PBI Server homepage, I receive the following error. 

I can upload the SSRS and other resources into the same space 

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Shyamsundar 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have verified that i download and use the appropriate version of of PBI Desktop from the above link. In my case it's the September 2019 version

Regards,

Shyamsundar 

Thanks for the response. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.