Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FXFelix
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to sign-in to Report Builder

Hello,

I have installed the lastest version of Power BI Report Buider (15.6.1340.2), but I can't sign-in.

I have a premium account.

Power BI Desktop works perfectly on this computer.

I have to use a proxy to connect to Internet.

The error message is shown in the following image :Report Builder.png

Thanks in advance for your help.

FX

6 REPLIES 6
NESMalalis

NESMalalis_0-1700552516006.png

I have this error when trying to sign-in in Power BI Report Builder....any ideas???

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

While the firewall is sorted , you may use your pbix to connect and proceed with development! In fact its the optimum way to have faster development as the paginated works faster with a local pbix dataset. when you are set to deploy please change datasource to service 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/build-paginated-local-power-bi-desktop-dataset-abhinav-singh/?trackin...

Thanks!

This is awesome!  I had no idea you could do this!  Thank you very much!

ChrisLovesPBI
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Builder connects to different URLs than Power BI Desktop.  These URLs have to be added to the proxy rule for it to work.  I have the same problem and working with IT/Cyber to fix it.

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

It should work.

Can you please make sure that you don't have any outbound firewall rules applied on your machine which is restricting PBI Report Builder signing?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks for your answer.

It should work, but it doesn't.

Indeed, it might be security or firewall issue...I will contact my local security administrator.

However, is it possible to force the proxy settings used by Power BI Report Builder ? Or is it naturally those set on the computer that are used (like Power BI Desktop) ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.