Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dancarr22
Helper V
Helper V

Unable to see the comments button to add comments to a report in Report Service

Hello,

We want to allow users to add comments to a report -- so they can 'discuss' the report online.

Per this article - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/reportserver-add-comments/ - this should now be available on Report Service -- but we cannot see the Comments button.

What must we configure/modify to display this?  Our security is pretty basic - currently testing with just 2 users who can view the report -- so not sure why the button is not appearing.

We are connecting to on-prem SQL Server via gateway.  Tried with both DirectQuery and Import -- neither worked.

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dancarr22,

Which Power BI report server version do you run? 

Based on my test in Power BI report server August Preview version , when we view the Power BI report or paginated report, there is a Comments button for us to add comments. In your scenario, please install the same Power BI report server and test again. 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dancarr22,

Which Power BI report server version do you run? 

Based on my test in Power BI report server August Preview version , when we view the Power BI report or paginated report, there is a Comments button for us to add comments. In your scenario, please install the same Power BI report server and test again. 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know, how I can manage permissions for commenting?

How I should configure Report Server in order to allow or deny commenting capability for certain user?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Did you get the answer please?

Thanks

Asma

Yes, this has been resolved.  thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

What was the solution please

I am using January 2019 Report SErver and I  need to disable comments

thanks and regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.